Saturday, August 1, 2009

Days Twenty-Seven—Twenty-Nine

Monday, July 20th,2009-Wednesday, July 22nd, 2009

I’m going to be quite honest with you, nothing really exciting happened during the first part of this week. Anyone following along in my exciting uploads of pictures on Picasa will note the significant absence of pictures from this time (please ignore the fact that I am grossly behind on uploading pictures…and updating this blog for that matter).

This Monday was the first Monday where we did not have to wake up and be on a bus by 9 a.m. so Abbie, Val, and I took the much-needed opportunity to sleep and just laze around. I think I straightened my hair sometime during that day, but I’m sure you really didn’t need to know that.

At 6 p.m., however, we met at a theatre next to the College Bar on the NUIG Campus (yes, their college has a bar…it’s Ireland). We were going to be seeing another play from the Arts Festival for our theatre class. Krapp’s Last Tape is, of course, a Beckett play, and as such, most people didn’t really understand/like the performance. Personally, I thought it was brilliant and the actor portraying Krapp was truly wonderful. But, to each his own I suppose. After the play, the class grabbed a pint with Quigs and Caoilfhionn at the College Bar. Wonderful times.

Tuesday…I went to class and afterwards walked into town with Abbie and McGee (whose first name is Kristin) and as we were walking to a small bakery to get afternoon tea, I swear to God Galway experienced a freak flash flood. We were literally a minute away from the shop when the heavens opened up and soaked me to the bone. You can imagine how bitter I was when the sun came out half an hour later. But now only uncomfortably damp, we walked through Shop Street, buying things and generally being touristy. We stopped at the original Claddagh Ring Store and all bought silver Claddagh Rings.

Wednesday…I can honestly say nothing happened. Tragic, I know.


Next stop: Propeller

No comments:

Post a Comment